Kaltura is LCC’s Media Platform that is comprised of Kaltura My Media for hosting and sharing videos and Kaltura Capture for the creation of media.
Editing Kaltura Media
- Creating Chapters and Uploading Slides for Kaltura Media
- Downloading Kaltura Media
- Editing Kaltura Media
- Setting Collaboration Options for Kaltura Media
- Viewing Analytics for Kaltura Media
Kaltura Video Quizzes
Video is a medium that engages students from multiple senses – sight and sound. Video aims to generate excitement about a subject or concept to help students retain more information. Incorporating video into your course(s) and course curriculum can help enhance the teaching and learning experience for both the instructor and student, increase instructor presence, and vary methods for communication and collaboration.
- When incorporating technology into your classroom it is important to align the technology to the outcomes to be achieved in the course.
- Once you have a clear goal or outcome, you can determine a strategy to fully support that goal.
- Technology tools are meant to integrate with and support achievement of learning outcomes and creativity; therefore its use in a course should be thoughtful and deliberate.
- Posting Video Communications in your D2L course(s) should be used strategically and sparingly so students do not become tempted to skip over videos that may contain important information.
Note: Kaltura My Media is a storage center for all media created or uploaded with Kaltura. In order to insert media files into your D2L course, they must be stored in the Kaltura My Media.