Note: Students can belong to multiple groups within the same course. For example, students can simultaneously belong to a group for class projects, a group for special interest discussions, and a group for advanced users. Each group can have its own discussion forums and assignment folders. Instructors can grade members of groups individually or as a team.
- From the Communication menu, select Groups.
- Select New Category.
- Enter the Category Information:
- Enter the Category Name.
- Select an Enrollment Type from the menu.
- Enter the Number of Groups or Users.
- Advanced Properties (Optional):
- Select the Auto-enroll new users checkbox.
- Select the Randomize users in groups checkbox.
- Additional Options (Optional):
- Select the Checkbox(es) to set up discussion areas and/or assignment submission folders. NOTE: If selected, you will be prompted to create the discussion areas and/or assignment submission folder(s) after the group has been saved.
- Select Save.