Note: The following instructions are for copying an entire course. For instructions on copying individual items, view the Course Component Copy page.
- Copying components (i.e. quizzes, assignments, etc.) does not overwrite previous items in a course; instead, it adds to the items already in the course.
- For example, If a course contains 5 quizzes and a course with 3 quizzes is copied into it, the course will contain 8 quizzes.
- If the same component or tool is copied multiple times it will create duplicates.
- The only component that can be overwritten is a course file, if the file being copied has the same name as the existing file.
- Copying a course will not copy student data, such as discussion posts, submitted assignments, or entered grades.
To learn more about the course copy feature in D2L, view the Course Copy Instructional Videos, or continue the instructions below.
- From the My Courses menu, select the course you wish to copy content into.
- Select the Gear Icon.
- Select Import/Export/Copy Components.
- Select the radio button to Copy Components from Another Org Unit. Then, select Search for Offering.
- Search for the course to copy content from by entering the course title or CRN number in the text field, then select the Magnifying Glass.
- Select the radio button for the course you wish to copy from, then select Add Selected.
- To copy the entire course, select Copy All Components. IMPORTANT NOTE: Selecting Copy All Components will automatically start the copy process. This will copy the entire course, including the gradebook!
- The course copy is now in process. Wait for the copy process to complete.