D2L Quiz Timing Updates – July 27, 2023
On July 27th D2L Quizzes will receive new updates to enhance the quiz creation experience for Instructors and the quiz taking experience for students, including:
- Grace periods will be removed and now quizzes will have a single time limit.
- Instructors can create synchronous quizzes based on Start Dates and Start Times, to ensure all students take a quiz at the same time.
- Students can now see Quiz Information from within the quiz, Show/Hide the quiz timer, and receive warnings as they approach the time limit.
- Automatically Submit the Quiz Attempt – Default
- Flag the quiz as Exceeded Time Limit and allow the learner to continue working
- Do nothing: the time limit is not enforced
Updated D2L Guides
If you have more questions about these Quiz Timing Updates, Contact eLearning!
Enhancing D2L Course Content with Creator+ – Summer 2023
Coming Summer 2023! Instructors can select from a variety of new interactive teaching and learning tools, called Elements and Practices, that can be embedded directly into D2L Content Files to create engaging learning experiences for students, and strengthen course design and delivery! In addition, use the new Layouts feature to display and organize course content in D2L Content files.
- Elements are a variety of interactive learning tools that Instructors can embed directly into D2L Content Files to engage students with course concepts to deepen comprehension.
- Practices are a variety of interactive tools that Instructors can embed directly into D2L Content Files to provide students with opportunities to assess prior knowledge, explore new concepts, or self-assess learning.
- Layouts are used to present and organize course content using layout columns! Instructors can select a layout option and add content including text, images, or videos to display to students!
Enhancing D2L Course Content with Creator+ Overview Video
Live Demo Sessions
Join eLearning for a LIVE Demo of Creator+. Choose from the two sessions below and we’ll explore the ins and outs of the new tools and be on hand to answer all your questions.
|Session Date||Session Time||Registration Link|
|Tuesday, July 11, 2023||1:00pm||Register for the 7/11/23 Session|
|Tuesday, September 19, 2023||1:00pm||Register for the 9/19/23 Session|
Can’t attend a live session?
- View a LIVE session recording demoing Creator+.
- View the Enhancing D2L Course Content with Creator+ Overview page.
New D2L Guides for Creator+
Below is a list of D2L guides for creating new interactions and learning opportunities with Creator+:
- Creating a File in D2L Content
- Inserting Elements or Practices to a D2L Content File
- Editing Inserted Elements or Practices in a D2L Content File