Converting Rich Text Format (.rtf) Files to Word Documents (.doc)
- In a D2L course, select Content from the navigation bar.
- From within Content, navigate to the RTF file and select the file.
- In the Content Viewer page for the file, scroll to the bottom of the page and select Download.
- Once downloaded, open the file.
NOTE: This process will look different based on the browser being used. (Fire Fox, Google Chrome, or Safari)
- Within Microsoft Word, select the Enable Editing Feature for this document.
- Then select File, then Save As.
- Find a desired location to save the file.
- From within the Save As Window, find the Save File Type field.
- Select the drop-down arrow, and change the file from Rich Text Format (rtf) to Word Document (doc).
- Select Save.