Providing Alternative Text (Alt Text) for Images
When an image is inserted into the HTML Editor, using Insert Image, users will be promoted to provide alternative text. Alternative text, also known as alt text, should provide a clear text alternative of the image for screen reader users.
- Navigate to the item (Assignment Folder, Announcement, Discussion, etc.).
- On the HTML Editor, select Insert Image.
- Select My Computer.
- Select Upload, then locate and select the Image File to be uploaded.
- Select Add.
- On the Provide Alternative Text pop-up, enter Alternative Text or select the checkbox to indicate that the image is decorative.
- Enter Alternative Text to describe the image.
- If the image is decorative, select the Checkbox for This image is decorative.
- Select OK.
- Select Save and Close.