D2L Learning Opportunities
eLearning Live! Sessions
Register for Using Tools for WebEx Sessions in D2L
Learn more about how to utilize tools built into WebEx to increase engagement and interactivity. Topics include polling, sharing content, Instant feedback in WebEx Trainings and more. This session will be conducted in WebEx Trainings and will consist of demonstrations and the opportunity to ask questions of eLearning Staff. Registration is required.
Register for Learning Online in D2L
Learn more about how to use D2L, LCC’s Course Management System, for accessing courses, communicating with Instructors and students, and completing course work and assignments. Also, learn more about the expectations that come with being an online student. This session will be conducted in WebEx Trainings and will consist of demonstrations and the opportunity to ask questions of eLearning Staff. Registration is required.
Register for Engaging Students in D2L
Learn more about how to utilize tools built into and integrated into D2L to increase engagement and interactivity. Topics include D2L Discussions, Groups, Google Apps, WebEx, Kaltura, and. This session will be conducted in WebEx Trainings and will consist of demonstrations and the opportunity to ask questions of eLearning Staff. Registration is required.
Register for Participating in a WebEx Session
Learn more about how to access and participate in WebEx sessions created by Instructors for D2L courses. This session will go over how WebEx in D2L works, how to access WebEx Sessions, sign up for available office hour slots, audio setup, and how to participate in a meeting. This session will be conducted in WebEx Trainings and will consist of demonstrations and the opportunity to ask questions of eLearning Staff. Registration is required.
Subscribe to filtered calendar
The eLearning Department maintains multiple trainings to prepare Instructors for using D2L and related tools. Trainings can be accessed through the My Courses widget on the My Home page of D2L.
Current training offerings include:
- CMS Accessibility Checklist and Revision Plan Training – The CMS Accessibility Checklist is designed to review and identify any ADA areas of concern within a D2L course(s). The checklist is a self-assessment tool to assist Instructors in the review of a course and course materials to ensure that the course is accessible for all students. This training provides an overview of how to apply the CMS Accessibility Checklist to a D2L course as well as develop a revision plan for revising course materials.
- Engaging Students in D2L – Engaging Students in D2L is a self-paced training, designed to provide an overview of the D2L tools and third party integrations, available to Instructors and students, that can be used to support engagement practices in a D2L course(s). The training provides a technical overview and demonstration of tools, as well as pedagogical strategies for incorporating tools into a D2L course(s) to enhance engagement and support learning. The training focuses on three types of engagement, including Instructor-to-Student Engagement, Student-to-Student Engagement, and Student-to-Content Engagement.
- Reviewing a Course in D2L – Reviewing a Course in D2L is a self-paced training, designed to help course reviewers become familiar with the CMS Course Review process, including the CMS Course Review Scorecard. The CMS Course Review Scorecard looks at both the individual elements that make up a course, as well as the course as a whole. While course design, curriculum, assessment, and pedagogy are not a one-size-fits-all approach, there are common elements that should be present in all courses. This training will identify the common elements a course reviewer should look for, as well as provide reasoning and examples for these elements. Please note that the Reviewing a Course in D2L training is an advanced training. To request access to this training, please submit an email request to email@example.com.
- Teaching Online with D2L – Teaching Online with D2L is designed to help Instructors become familiar with the tools and features of the Course Management System, currently D2L, in order to create and teach an online course. The training utilizes instructional videos to demonstrate how to use D2L. Topics include how to set up a grade book, adding content to a course, building assessments, communication options, and more.
D2L Online Training Courses Coming Soon!
- Creating Kaltura Videos in D2L
- Introduction to Course Design in D2L
Workshops offered through the CTE can be registered at CTE Workshop Calendar.