CMS Accessibility Checklist and Revision Plan Training
The CMS Accessibility Checklist is designed to review and identify any ADA areas of concern within a D2L course(s). The checklist is a self-assessment tool to assist Instructors in the review of a course and course materials to ensure that the course is accessible for all students. This training provides an overview of how to apply the CMS Accessibility Checklist to a D2L course as well as develop a revision plan for revising course materials.
Estimated time for completion: 45 minutes
- Define accessibility and apply pertinent ADA requirements to the planning and design of D2L course(s).
- Identify accessible and non-accessible content within D2L course(s).
- Identify course design principles that promote accessibility.
- Create and revise documents (Word, PowerPoint, PDF) for accessibility.
- Add Closed Captioning to videos in Kaltura.
- Develop a revision plan for making updates.
- List resources available to assist with accessibility.
- About Accessibility
- Introduction to the CMS Accessibility Checklist
- Section 1: D2L Course Design
- Section 2: Documents
- Section 3: Multimedia and Images
- Creating a Revision Plan
- Accessibility Support Tools and LCC Resources
- Login to D2L.
- From the My Home page, locate the My Courses widget.
- Select the CMS Accessibility Checklist and Revision Plan Training.